Monday, December 3, 2007

MOVIES!!!!

Hooray for movies!! Marianna and I have actually gone to see two movies-in theater no less!-in the space of about a month. Ha! Life is good! :) We really enjoy our girl's nights out and have a great time.

But on to the movies.

The first movie we saw was Bee Movie, a movie about, can you guess?? Bees! The animation in this movie was great. I have never seen such cute talking bees before. Marianna and I both really enjoyed the show until the bees decided to sue humanity for stealing their honey. Then it was just like Happy Feet, though not quite as much of it or laid on as heavy. When I say just like Happy Feet, I mean they point out global warming and pollution and blame us (the movie goers) for everything. And I really get annoyed with the fact that they are doing this in kids movies. It's like Orwell's 1984 or something and I don't like it. And what happened to good old animated movies like Beauty and the Beast or the Lion King, eh? Ok, ok, no more rant! I really did enjoy the movie, Renee Zellweger played a very good florist who was named Vanessa (this is why she was so good) and the main bee was quite good. I don't recommend paying full price to see this movie, but matinee, ok.

Next movie.

Marianna and I just went to see another movie this past Thursday. We liked this movie much more and I would even pay matinee to go see it again. Does anybody want to guess which one we went to see? Well, you may never guess, so I'll just be kind and tell you. :) Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium was truly wonderful. Even you, Dad, should see this movie. Of all the movies I have seen Dustin Hoffman in (which is like, three) this is my favorite! It is kind of along the lines of Finding Neverland, but not quite so sad. Mr. Magorium (Dustin Hoffman) is the 243-year old owner of a magical toy store. He is getting ready to leave and to give the shop to his manager, Molly Mahoney (Natalie Portman) and in the process of leaving he teaches Mahoney the magic of his store. It is a very good movie (one of those that you leave the theater with a fuzzy warm feeling in your heart, and no, it's not called a mild case of heartburn) and I highly recommend it, as does Marianna. So somebody needs to go see it!

Hooray for the movies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium sounds really good! I'll have to go see it now, based on your recommendation. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm..maybe ill have to go see some movies this weekend.
you should see enchanted. it was "enchanting". lol

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm..maybe ill have to go see some movies this weekend.
you should see enchanted. it was "enchanting". lol