Saturday, December 8, 2007

Finnegan's Wake

Known for their great beer and better chicken wings, Finnegan's Wake is one of our favorite places in Key West. They attract quite the sports crowd too, surprising to me (who knows soo much about bars and Irish pubs in particular). We go for the food (Marianna and I) and the beer (Jen and Hal and everyone else I know who is over 21). One of our (Marianna's) favorite things to do here is play chess. I don't particularly care for that game as some of you may know because I always lose horribly, but on this day, I felt that I could handle the ignominy of defeat. Instead I was surprised with a pleasant victory, and it's not because Hal helped me, because he didn't. Or not really. Until the very end anyway! :P


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed. You actually played chess without losing your temper, knocking pieces "accidentally" out of the way, or just plain quiting? I love what Florida has done to you! I guess I might admit to being your sister now. lol

Anonymous said...

You're soo NOT funny. Yeah, I know, it is a pretty amazing transformation, huh?!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,

Don't think she doesn't accidentally knock things out of the way or lose her temper, she still does, just not this day...lol

Love you guys, Hal

Anonymous said...

Hey, I do not! Well, not that often anyway. :P