Tuesday, December 4, 2007

For Dad

This post is specifically for Dad. Although I suppose that Corey can enjoy it too. And Hal as well, even though he was there with me!

We were out looking at potential boats for me this past weekend and got to go through some pretty sweet, er, interesting neighborhoods. For example, check out this house.

Why, in heaven's name, would you need or want a garage this big? You could keep like four Hummers in there if you wanted to, plus all of the other stuff that inevitably finds it's way into the garage! I mean, it would be very nice to have a garage that size, a veritable luxury, but that is exactly what it is yeah? A luxury. Except for this fact, in which its necessity becomes apparent. And which made me realize that a garage this size would one day be a necessity. Now. Just look at this picture. Look closely.
Now look at this picture.Are you seeing what I am seeing?!!! This is the kind of house I want! A garage for your airplane! Holy Cow! How rich and lucky and blessed must those people be to have that?! Amazing, amazing, amazing! I am jealous!
Hal really liked this airplane. Can you guess why, Dad or Corey?Hint: Look at the engine.

And we were supposed to be looking at a small powerboat! Obviously we have our priorities straight though (note the many powerboat pictures).
The powerboat ended up being too small so we headed on to Marathon to check out a Clipper sailboat. The boat ended up being the right price, but way too much work for me if I want to live on it before I leave. But the guy was rather, shall we say, interesting. Weird to be honest. But he is an airplane fanatic and is actually the lead pilot for a traveling air show/circus thing. A modern day Waldo Pepper. And he offered to take me up in his T-6 before he leaves for the circuit! So I'll have to take him up on that some time. But anyway, check these pictures out.Beautiful, huh?And of course, one of me! Though I must say, I rather look like I belong there. :)[Sigh] Is there anything more beautiful in this world? Or rather, this is one of the more beautiful things out there!
Don't you just love airplanes? Lord knows I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty dern fun.
Keep the posts coming my dear sister.

Anonymous said...

Veronica,

Well, I guess I better start looking for a seaplane that you can fold down the seat into a bed! Not one picture of the boats! "Oh Well", I really liked the runway community too! If only I'd buy a Lottery ticket, maybe I could win...NOT.

Lets keep lookin for the right boat
Love, Hal

BTW Answer is Allison 250 Turbine