Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thus far...

the week has been pretty darn good! Loving all but one of my classes, the weather has been beautiful, and the flowers are starting to bloom! A good start to the spring semester! The only class I really think I'll have issues with is my Native American Studies class and only because it is a three hour 6pm to 9pm lecture. The professor is very old, quiet, monotone and easily drones on off topic for 30 or 45 minute intervals or explains things that don't really need to be explained in WAY too much depth. Or at least he did last night. Oh well, it was productive in that I got some work for another class done during one of his side trips! Otherwise, the week is AWESOME! Busy, busy. Club stuff is taking off full swing. We are getting stuff ready for something called March For Parks, which is where we take kids from a local school into one of their local, neighborhood parks and do Environmental Education and Interpretation presentations/games/etc. with them. It is a HUGE thing we do and will be happening in April. So now is when we are getting everything together for it. Talk About Trees also happens at the same time and is similar except we go into the classroom instead of bringing the kids out of the classroom. It is super busy, but very fun and enjoyable. I hope I have this much fun when I get a job! Which, speaking of jobs, I need to start applying for before it is too late and I get swamped with schoolwork! This weekend...
Had a lovely day today. Environmental Communication was very fascinating and my art class was AWESOME! First, we had to use lines to express how we felt about a word. But the lines couldn't be symbols or representative of symbols in any way. I was a little worried, but I think I actually did pretty well and it was fascinating because I learned a bit about how to "read" a work of art and what wavy lines tell versus jagged lines etc. Interesting stuff... The second part of class was AMAZING! It was such a beautiful afternoon that she sent us outside with a large blank sheet of paper, a pencil, a sharpie and the instructions to sketch something we saw and report back in 45 minutes. WOW! I can't believe I get to DRAW OUTSIDE for a CLASS! Lovin' it! LOL! Anyway, it was a good day, if you couldn't tell. :) Think I'm ready for some downtime though, so I am going to go read a novel or something. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed everyone of my art classes, super fun! Even if it can be a tad uncomfortable to break out of the comfort zone at times!!!