Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anderson River Park

We finally had a break in the weather here and saw not only blue sky, but the sun yesterday! It was warm and bright and Vanessa and I decided to take the opportunity to head to Anderson River Park.The trails were wet, but it was worth it because it was just so pretty out there. I thought I came back to California in the middle of winter, but after our walk, I'm pretty sure spring is well on its way. Look at that green, green grass!
We had to cross a lot of water because it has been raining a lot, but that wasn't a problem, especially for Vanessa.See, when you come to water all you have to do is roll your pant legs up a little,psych yourself up for the great leap,and do it!The river was beautiful, as always. It has definitely risen since I have been here and it is COLD. Definitely no kayaking until the summer months. And I just like this picture, so yeah, here it is.Oh, that is a new jacket by the way. Cute and great against the wind, but it holds no heat! I was freezing by the time we got back to the truck. My used-to-sunny-warm-Key-West blood is having a tough time adjusting to highs in the mid-40s!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice jacket and just to let you know, about 70 this morning, light breeze from the south at about 10 to 12 MPH with no hope of rain for a few days. In other words, shorts and t-shirt kind of day...
Love ya, Hal

Veronica said...

Sounds like another beautiful day in paradise!