Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner - My Favorite Meal of the Year


What a great day! Good food, good people, good times! The entire day of slaving (well, of Jen slaving) away in the kitchen was all worthwhile when it came time to eat. She had set out a lovely selection of appetizers about noon to keep hungry people out of the kitchen.
There were veggies, chips and spinach dip, cranberry muffins, crackers and cheeses, and these lovely sugar, peanut butter, acorn cookies!

I felt like I should take a couple and hide them around the house for later. :)
Marianna did a superb job helping me set the table.

Her napkin folding skills are truly amazing!
I thought this candle was pretty cool so included it. Maybe not very Thanksgivingish, but pretty. The rim is really cool.

And the table was groaning under all the food!

Marianna and I were busy taking pictures of it all. What a feast though, huh?!

Uh oh. Do you see what I see in that picture? Somebody was sneaking food!

Hal did a really excellent job carving the delicious turkey (You taught Jen well, Mom, she really outdid herself on this meal!)

Marianna was ready for it too, boy! She had purposely eaten very little of the appetizers and was starving. She really enjoyed the meal! Ah! Here comes food! Time to put the camera away!

Ok, ok! One last picture for you all! Doesn't this look great?!I love Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the meal, Veronica! Your Autumn Salad was delicious too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Pictures and posts will be coming on my blog soon! Love and miss you!
Vanessa, Alex, and mom